Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Mail from Sam

Hi Jim,
I am in San Diego. I got my license a couple of weeks ago and will be
mate on Lynx starting in march.
We put Lynx through a major yard period in December. It was an
interesting time, we made all new chain plates in the headrig and
replaced most of the standing rig up there too. It makes me miss the
Kevlar rig, I did 36 wire seizings and 6 wire splices in yard and still
have to replaces all the turn backs on the shrouds.
I hope things are going well there, I haven't talked to anybody except
Mary briefly. Unfortunately I don't think I will be back in Michigan at
all next season. I will be on Lynx until the end of September, we are
doing tall ships on the west coast, should be fun. I might have to come
back some time to get my boat up to Lake Superior for my father to use.
Any how, I hope all is well, give the museum and the boat my regards.

Sam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home